Review: Human Nature Bugshield Mosquito Repellent

1:50 PM




Dengue Fever, Chikungunya virus, Malaria, and Zika Virus are diseases that can be acquired from mosquito bites. And as parents we would do our best to protect our family from these pesky insects.  Let me share a little back story, about me and my family's experience with Dengue Fever. First, I got infected with dengue for 2 times already. It was really painful because of the constant vomiting, stomach aches, headaches and high fever. My husband also got dengue fever way back December 2011. He lose weight due to constant vomiting. He's so lethargic that he had to stay in bed for a week. 

When I became a mommy, I am so paranoid about using harsh chemicals on my son that I did not like the idea of insect repellent. I thought that cleaning the house, fogging, and dressing him up in pajamas will help us avoid mosquito bites. Unfortunately, I was wrong. As young as 8 months old, he got infected with Dengue Fever, I think he got it while we're travelling out of town. It's a scary experience to watch your child suffer from a disease that you can prevent. That is a lesson learned.

Luckily, I found out about  Human ❤ Nature Bugshield Mosquito Repellent Deet Free- Oil through a mommy group discussion in Facebook. Lots of parents raved about this product's effectiveness and affordability. This is what I've been looking for!

Note: This is not a sponsored review post. The products here are bought by myself and my honest reviews are all based on my experience. Enjoy!

ABOUT THE PRODUCT
Bugshield Deet-free Oil
100% Natural - Your trusted citronella insect repellent packs a powerful punch against pesky mosquitoes! Infused with soy bean oil and eucalyptus oil for an added boost of protection and an even better scent! -Human Nature Website 


Price: 99.75 pesos/ 50ml  and 169.75 pesos/100ml
Available at: HHN Dealers, SM City, HB1, humanheartnature.com
Ingredients: Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, Glycine soja (soy bean) oil, Cymbopogon winterianus (citronella) essential oil, Citrus sinensis (orange) essential oil, Eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) essential oil, glyceryl caprylate (coconut, palm and glycerin derived)
Claims: "Did You Know? Since 2002, Health Canada has barred personal insect repellents with more than 30% DEET. Plus, the effectiveness of DEET against dengue-carrying mosquitoes drops after prolonged use. Give your family the safe, DEET-free protection with our Bug Shield Oil and Lotion!"-HHN website


Packaging:
HHN Bugshield Deet-free Oil: It comes in a plastic pump bottle.

I like that product's ingredients and other important info are clearly displayed on the label.





Smell and Texture:

HHN Bugshield Deet-free Oil Consistency

Its consistency is runny and non-greasy. I am so glad that it has no harmful chemicals and dermatologically tested which is safe to use even for kids. It has calming citronella scent.


VERDICT

So I bought my first 50ml Human Nature Bugshield Deet-free oil through a HHN dealer. A little goes a long way! 2-3 pumps of oil is impressive enough in shooing away those pesky mosquitoes. Even at outdoors whenever I feel some bugs are starting to bite my legs, I'll just put some Human Nature Bugshield Deet-free oil on and the annoying itchy feeling is gone. 

Every morning, before Jolo goes to school I would apply this on his arms and legs. Another application during lunch break and before playing outside. I could not see any bug bites on him when we use this insect repellent. It has non-greasy and non-irritating formula that it doesn't feel sticky and hot on skin. Jolo also likes the smell, that sometimes I use this as massage oil. 

I admire how Human Nature advocates in providing products that does not contain harmful chemicals. We need to keep our family safe from mosquitoes, but we don't need to resort in using products with DEET. 

"As a precaution, manufacturers advise that DEET products should not be used under clothing or on damaged skin, and that preparations be washed off after they are no longer needed or between applications. DEET can act as an irritant; in rare cases, it may cause severe epidermal reactions. Other symptoms that can occur are breathing difficulty, burning eyes, headaches."- read more

I love that this is affordable and easily available thru online, physical stall or dealers. I can easily purchase a new bottle whenever I'm out. 

We ooh so love this product that I purchased another 100 ml bottle at HB1 stall in NCCC Mall Davao. It's almost a year now since I bought the 100ml bottle, even if we used it 2-4 times a day and sometimes a massage oil it is half full. Tipid s'yang gamitin!

Another plus point about this company is that they support local farmers and community here in the Philippines. Here's one of their recent advocacy: 

Photo grabbed from Human Nature Website
"A Hero in Every Advocate: Join us as we bring peace where war once raged, and raise 50 Gawad Kalinga homes in Rajah Buayan, Maguindanao. 100% of the profits of every Bug Shield sold will fund 50 homes in Rajah Buayan."


Isn't awesome to have a product that is effective in protecting our family from mosquitoes, environment friendly, safe, and supports local community here in the Philippines?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Dawow Moms

Subscribe